Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Exciting News...

For He is the living God…He rescues & He saves.” Daniel 6:26-27

I have an exciting announcement! But before I reveal it, let me get you up to speed on how I got here, just incase you don't already know... 

Three years ago the Lord birthed in me a ministry for young women called Girl Talk to bring a message of Freedom and salvation in Christ to the girls of this generation. Since then, wonderful doors have been opened and, glory be to God, young women have experienced life changing encounters with our Jesus at the events we’ve had so far. In fact, I JUST received an email tonight informing me that another teen who came to Girl Talk 2011 in Franklin, TN has accepted Christ as LORD. Praise God! Heaven is rejoicing and my heart is leaping! 

Okay, and now for my announcement...

I’m humbled to have been invited for the 2nd year in a row, to help lead a team of people back to the Sweetwater House in Africa (I'll explain what that is in just a sec). We will take Girl Talk in the form of a weeklong, young women’s vacation Bible school. I will fly out on August 12th and return on August 22nd. This will be during the same time my husband is packing us up to move across the country so keep me in prayer, it will be a busy month! Still, I'm excited about what's to come. I’m already waking up in the night with ideas about the specific message we’re suppose to bring the girls, one of redemption, forgiveness, healing and hope.

The Sweetwater House is a ministry in Ghana, West Africa founded by two of my dear friends, Pam and Debbie. Needy young girls between the ages of 16 and 24 are admitted to the boarding facility. I cannot adequately describe in words the things these precious girls have faced in their lifetime and the impact their stories have had on my heart. They have been starved, abused, sold, rejected, and orphaned. But I am so thankful that their stories have not ended there. They have been rescued and given a safe home environment, complete with healthy meals, schooling, discipleship and vocational training for 3 years. (To learn more about this nonprofit ministry visit www.todayschoicesinc.com)

It is my pleasure to invite you to join me on this journey. Will you partner with me to bring a powerful message of love to the hearts of the girls at Sweetwater House? Your contribution will make an immeasurable difference in the lives of these young women. The cost of my mission is $3500 and is all-inclusive: flight, boarding, food, documentation, and immunizations. A gift of any amount is not just a monetary provision. It is offering a way for these girls to be richly blessed by God’s unfailing Truth for them.


Here I am with a few of the girls (Graduating class of 2010) after crowning them as royalty, children of the KING who has adopted them! We shared how much God delights in them and rejoices over them. They had heard of pageants before but none had ever worn a crown. I so wish you could have been there.They LOVED it! 

Should you choose to partner with me, please make checks payable to Today’s Choices with Monique Zackery in the memo by May 31st. Mail to 5208 Wyndchase Circle, Franklin, TN 37067. All donations are tax deductible. Thank you SO MUCH for your partnership and prayer. 

Forever Grateful, 
Monique

2 comments:

  1. friend, you are a FANTASTIC writer!! Can't wait to keep up with this thing! I love your heart

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24