Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Update...

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: …a time to be silent and a time to speak.”- Ecclesiastes 3:1,7
Dear Blog Readers,

In the weeks leading up to 2012 I started asking God for direction in my life and I praise Him for speaking clearly to me this week about a number of areas. As you know, I, along with our church have been talking about Going Deeper in 2012. Last week was one committed to prayer and submission to our Lord. I believe He spoke clearly to me that it is time to take a break from my personal blog. I don’t know how long this break will be. I'm simply taking time away to seek God. 

I understand that some of you will be bummed to read this. There are quite a few reasons why I've come to this decision. One is that blogging is a commitment  that takes time. If I truly desire to go deeper in seeking God, I know that this (along with a few other things) is something I need to put aside in order to sit at His feet more.

Moreover, I’m a “talker.” It's no coincidence that Ecclesiastes 3:7 has been on my heart lately. There is "a time to be silent and a time to speak." The art of listening isn't an easy one to learn. Openly expressing my thoughts comes naturally to me, which makes blogging fun. But I want to work on being a better listener as I go deep with God, and with the face-to-face community He has surrounded me with. Listening requires the quieting of my words, so I am taking a season of quiet in this place.

Please pray for me as I listen out for His still, small voice and I will pray the same for you. And thank you for understanding the time of silence, here at Finding Me in You. If you have an email subscription to this blog, when the Lord tells me to speak here again, you will be notified when that post arrives at your inbox. In the mean time, if you want to reach out, feel free to email me at monique.zackery@yahoo.com

I love you all and I’m praying that you also will go deeper in the areas God is calling you to. Sometimes saying yes to God requires saying no to something else.

Grace and Peace to you,
Monique Zackery

The "You" in "Finding me in You" is Christ. This title came about from a prayer to find identity in Christ. It was birthed from a quest to seek, find, learn and grow in Him. 
Would you like to subscribe to this blog by email? Click here.

7 comments:

  1. Monique, so proud of you for following God's lead. I will look forward to when you blog again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's awesome and that more of us should be doing this:) love your heart and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audry Cece. It's been such a sweet break so far. I'm loving it. :) Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen you online recently...no wonder! I hope this time brings you great peace and clarity. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Fawn. It's so encouraging to know that I'm missed. :) Thanks for the well wishes. :) Blessings to you too.

      Delete
  4. Hey Monique! First I want to thank you for joining my blog Fresh Oil Today! I've been MIA from the blog world for some time now and I certainly can relate to the importance of re prioritizing life and seeking a deeper walk with Him.

    When He releases you, I certainly look forward to getting to know you better through your blog...I love meeting new sisters in the Lord!

    HE IS FAITHFUL!

    Sweet Blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24