|(Birthday Bouquet: Pink Peonies!!)|
28. It’s the little things that count: a phone call, a note, an encouraging text. The things that don’t cost a dime but speak life to the heart make the biggest impact.
27. Forgiveness = Freedom
26. Words are powerful. Choose them wisely.
25. The Best newlywed advice we received: “Life gets hard but marriage doesn’t have to.” Val & Carlos Trevino
24. For the Christian, bondage is like sitting in a cell with the keys in hand. (Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom!)
23. Truth isn’t a philosophy or a teaching. It’s a person. His name is Jesus.
22. Hope is ALWAYS available, no matter how terrible the circumstance.
21. I’m not a $100 bill. Not everyone is going to like me. BUT, It’s more restful to be me than to strive to be someone everyone likes.
20. There is room for me at God’s table. There is room for you too. Come dine.
19. Be careful when giving and receiving advice. Everyone’s story is different. Not everyone will have the same experience.
18. Grace is real. I need it every day and I should extend it often.
17. Better one handful with tranquility than two hands full with toil and chasing after the wind. (Ecclesiastes 4:6)
16. Everything done in secret will eventually come into the light. (Luke 12:3, Hebrews 4:13)
15. Don’t judge a book by its cover… or a person by their appearance.
14. There are two sides to every story and then there’s the truth (Don’t believe the gossip)
13. Being weird isn’t always a bad thing. It’s okay to go against the crowd.
12. True friends are hard to find.
11. Step one to Bible reading is prayer.
10. Speaking of prayer, here’s another lesson I learned…. It works.
9. God is faithful to fulfill His promises even when we aren’t faithful to ours.
8. Any place outside of God’s will is terribly miserable.
7. Don’t try to push open with all your itty, bitty might, a door that God has shut. There’s a reason it was closed.
6. Depression is a state of mind to which truth is the cure.
5. True love is selfless.
4. It’s okay to nest, even if you don’t know how long you’ll live there. Make it home until the next stop.
3. A grain of sand is to the universe as my plans are to God's. Leaning on my own understanding is silly… so is trying to put Him in a box.
2. Difficulty in submitting to God comes from a lack of trust. Lack of trust comes from a lack of understanding.
1. And the #1 lesson is… Everything I’ll EVER NEED can be found in one person: My heavenly Father. (Philippians 4:19)
Thanking God for the lessons,