Wednesday, July 13, 2011

31 Days of Victory:{Day14}The Sword of the Spirit

“Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.”
Ephesians 6:17

Are you ready for battle? We’re almost done with our fitting:

Belt of Truth {check}
Breastplate of Righteousness {check}
Shoes of readiness that come from the gospel of peace {check}
Shield of Faith {check}
Helmet of Salvation {check}

Now it’s time for the last piece—the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. This offensive weapon will not only put the enemy in his place, it will put us in ours. {Which is a good thing!}

The sword has the ability to cut through to the heart. Its truth is everlasting. God’s Word cannot be shaken. It is eternal and it stands firm in the heavens. It is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. It is God breathed. {If you want to get so close to God that you can feel the breath in His whisper, start reading His Word!} It is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I’m so glad that today’s post is about His Word because Gods truth is what it’s ALL about! Yesterday, I came across this prayer from the book Prayers that Avail Much and it really spoke life and truth to my heart. {It also convicted me.} So I decided to share it with you. {Side note: If you wanna be attacked in the area of your most vulnerable weaknesses, commit to writing about victory for 31 days. Now I get to write in the midst of battle!} The surest way to overcome the enemy’s attacks is by knowing the truth and believing it! Refer to it often. Stand firm, my friend! God is on your side.

{The prayer below is based on scripture. You can find the references listed at the bottom.}   

A Prayer to Walk in the Word

Father, in the name of Jesus, I commit myself to walk in the Word. I recognize that Your Word is integrity itself—steadfast, sure, eternal—and I trust my life to its provisions.

You have sent Your Word forth into my heart. I let it dwell in me richly in all wisdom. I meditate on it day and night so that I may diligently act on it. The Incorruptible Seed, the Living Word, the Word of Truth, is abiding in my spirit. That Seed is growing mightily in me now, producing Your nature, Your life. It is my counsel, my shield, my buckler, and my powerful weapon in battle. The Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. It makes my way plain before me. I do not stumble, for my steps are ordered in the Word.

The Holy Spirit leads and guides me into all the truth. He gives me understanding, discernment, and comprehension so that I am preserved from the snares of the evil one.

I delight myself in You and Your Word. Because of that, You put Your desires within my heart. I commit my way unto You, and You bring it to pass. I am confident that You are at work in me now both to will and to do all Your good pleasure.

I exalt Your Word, hold it in high esteem, and give it first place. I make my schedule around Your Word. I make the Word the final authority to settle all questions that confront me. I choose to agree with the Word of God, and I choose to disagree with any thoughts, conditions, or circumstances contrary to Your Word. I boldly and confidently say that my heart is fixed and established on the solid foundation—the living Word of God! Amen.

Scripture references for this prayer:

Victory is possible,

Monique Zackery

To visit the other 31 Days bloggers use the link list the right of my home page. 

6 comments:

  1. Monique, God's Truth could not ring truer in my life right now! Thank you Thank you Thank you for being available to be his tool over these 31 days. Just reading brightens my spirit and compells me to move forward in Truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read Monique's amazing blog for the day... {CHECK!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Feel the breath in His whisper..." Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sweet friend - thanks for the truth and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24